Best Car Engine Tools of March 2021November 20, 2020
Today we will review the rating of 10 top Car Engine Tools, their photos, characteristics, prices, as well as customer reviews.
ANCEL AD310 Classic Enhanced Universal OBD II Scanner Car Engine Fault Code Reader Diagnostic Scan Tool - Black
Approx. price: $38.
- Classic design, fast scan and erase trouble codes, even a beginner can use this unit to read the error code, find out what the problem is and perhaps fix it. Save money and time.
- Works on MOST 1996 US-Based, 2000 EU-Based and Asian cars, and newer OBD II & CAN domestic or import vehicles. Supports English, German, French, Spanish, Finnish, Dutch, Russian and Portuguese.
- Easily determines the cause of the check engine light. I/M monitor readiness test, turn off the MIL (check engine light) as well as view freeze frame data. Read hard (memory) / pending (intermittent) and historic codes and show definitions.
- The AD310 scanner is well built with a large LCD display (128 x 64 pixel) that has white backlight and contrast adjustment, indicates test results directly. No need any Batteries or Charger, gets the power directly from the OBDII Data Link Connector in your vehicle.
- It's equipped with a 2. 5 feet long cable and made of a very thick flexible insulator. There are 4 buttons on AD310. The Up and Down button for scrolling the menu, the Enter and Exit button allow for navigation back and entering menu.
Manfiter OBD2 Scanner OBD2 Reader Turn Off Check Engine Light View Freeze Frame Data I/M Readiness Smog Check CAN OBD II Diagnostic Tool Fault Code Reader OBD 2 Scan Tool for Car Automobile Vehicle
Approx. price: $27.
- ACCURATELY DIAGNOSE - The OBD2 reader comes with upgraded chip to read, diagnose and clears DTC, universal DTCs (Diagnostic Trouble Codes). Show meanings basing on built-in database(more than 3000 codes), determines the malfunction indicator lamp (MIL) status, turn off check engine light, shows engine parameters, scan I/M readiness / monitor status, views freeze frame data(retrieve data record).Never worry outbreak outside. More safe to drive in a car. Wish Americans All Healthy.
- RETRIEVE VEHICLE INFO - This OBD2 code scanner enables retrieval of the Vehicle Identification No. (VIN), Calibration ID(s), Calibration Verification Nos. (CVNs). Extremely helpful to check whether the ECU matches your car when you are buying a used car. The OBD2 code reader can also retrieves generic (P0, P2, P3, and U0), manufacturer specific (P1, P3, and U1) codes, and pending codes.
- FOR ALMOST ALL OBD 2 CAR - The OBD2 scan tool is UNIVERSAL to fit all OBD2 protocols: KWP2000, ISO2000, ISO9141, J1850 VPW, J1850 PWM and CAN (Controller Area Network). Compatible with US vehicles since 1996 & European and Asian autos since 2000, OBDII vehicles, passenger cars, light trucks, suv. Great for gasoline cars (Please note it is NOT suitable for DIESEL vehicles.)
- PORTABLE, PLUG IN & PLAY - Use this OBDII reader to read codes directly by easily plugging in and pressing scroll and enter button, no battery needed.Say goodbye to the annoying Bluetooth, app and computer. Wider LCD screen with white backlight shows. (Support language: English/French/German/Dutch/Spanish.) 28.8in / 73cm 16 pin obd2 cable allows you to sit comfortably for car diagnostic testing.
- SAVE TIME & MONEY - Tackle every automotive problem that might arise with this OBD2 diagnostic tool instantly. A compact, handy scan tool with manual in details as driver’s necessary backup. Start quick check of the car system and fix it. Risk-Free Customer Service, 1-year replacement in case any quality problem of the car OBD2 scanner. Just feel free to contact us directly for any problem.
AUTOPHIX OBD2 Scanner Enhanced OM126P Vehicle Code Reader Auto Diagnostic Check Engine Light for All OBDII Car After 1996[Upgrade Version]
Approx. price: $55.
- ➤【CHECKING CAR ENGINE TOOL】 The OM126P Enhanced OBDII scanner can read and erase the trouble codes that can cause emission problems in your vehicle in seconds, turn off the MIL (check your car engine) and reset the monitor, build a DTC lookup library you can find the related code definitions to help you determine if your car needs repair, to save you time and money, and dramatically improve your car lifespan / performance.
- ➤【EASY TO OPERATE】The OM126P car diagnostic tool equiped with 2. 4" TFT 262K true color LCD display screen to indicates the test results , with the silicone keypad you can easy to access the each menu options, the I/M Readiness hot key can check the state emissions readiness and drive cycle verification,Also, a wealth of car information is retrieved to find out all about your car without hassle for recording, car tracking, buying matched parts etc.
- ➤【WIDE RANGE DIAGNOSE】 Work on all after 1996 and newer vehicles models in the USA(OBD II&CAN) or other imported vehicles. Quickly read and erase the DTC on all OBD II protocols vehicles: CAN, J1850 PWM, J1850 VPW, ISO9141 and KWP2000 and support for 10 languages: English, French, Spanish, German, Russian, Italian, Finnish, Portuguese, Polish, Dutch, which make it easy to use for people from different countries .
- ➤【POWERFUL FEATURES】 Built-in 14 special functions in 1 car reader, read and erase stored emission related codes, pending codes, and show code definitions, data steam, freeze frame, on-board monitoring, and show the vehicle information,I/M reading,review the recorded DTC,review & print report. Support O2 sensor and EVAP system test, let you initiate a leak test for the vehicle’s EVAP system, identify trouble shooting related to fuel efficiency and vehicle emissions.
- ➤【WORRY-FREE SERVICE】 Plug & Play, no battery or charger required;OM126P OBDII diagnostic scan tool supports a lifetime free software updating and Review & Print diagnostic reports from the Auto fix ,via connect to a computer via USB (for Windows 7/8/10 ONLY), and we offer one year warranty , if you cannot comfirm its compatility, please feel free to consult us.
Autel MS300 Universal OBD2 Scanner Car Code Reader, Turn Off Check Engine Light, Read & Erase Fault Codes, Check Emission Monitor Status CAN Vehicles Diagnostic Scan Tool
Approx. price: $22.
- TURN OFF CHECK ENGINE LIGHT: MS300 check engine code reader can read, clear generic, manufacturer-specific and pending codes. It enables you to figure out why CEL is on like a pro and turn off check engine light instantly after proper repair.
- MECHANIC APPROVED: MS300 OBD2 scanner works with most OBDII compliant(OBD2 protocols: KWP2000, ISO2000, ISO9141, J1850 VPW, J1850 PWM, and CAN) sedans, SUVs and light trucks post-1996 for US cars, post-2000 for EU-based and Asian cars.
- DIAGNOSE IN SECONDS: MS300 auto code reader features easy to use 2 button design to read, clear DTCs to help home mechanics locate car problems fast. With an intuitive interface and easy-to-read backlit screen, this diagnostic code reader is easy to use.
- SMOG CHECK: MS300 car code reader retrieves I/M Readiness status to check emission-related systems like misfire monitor, fuel system monitor, comprehensive components monitor, O2 sensors, EVAP to help your vehicle ready pass the annual smog check.
- NO BATTERY NEEDED: MS300 OBDII scan tool communicates with vehicles through standard 16-PIN OBD2 cable and it’s powered by vehicle directly- no battery needed. Please follow the correct usage order: Engine off- Plug MS300 in- Turn Ignition On.
- RETRIEVE VIN NUMBER: MS300 engine code readers can retrieve VIN (Vehicle Identification Number) on 2002 and newer vehicles supporting Mode 9 for quick vehicle identification and cut time spent locating the cause why the check engine light is on.
- RISK-FREE PURCHASE: Autel MS300 vehicle code reader comes with 30 Day Refund or Replacement and 12 Months US Seller Support. Should there be any concerns, please contact us directly via firstname.lastname@example.org to get hassle-free after-sales services.
- Retrieves generic and manufacturer specific Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTC), includes definitions lookup software on CD and displays DTC definitions on screen
- Features an easy-to-read backlit LCD screen, multilingual menu and DTC definitions and standard 16-pin OBD-II connector--no additional cables are needed
- Retrieves VIN (Vehicle Identification No) on 2002 and newer vehicles that support Mode 9
- Supports the CAN (Controller Area Network) protols and all other current OBD-II protocols
- Works with most OBD-II compliant U.S., European and Asian vehicles (OBD-II is standard on all cars sold in U.S. post-1996)
FOXWELL NT201 OBD2 Scanner Check Engine Light Car Code Reader OBD II Diagnostic Scan Tool（New Version)
Approx. price: $49.
- 【Full 10 modes OBD2 Car Diagnostic Scanner】Read and erase fault codes, retrieve I/M readiness and freeze frame data, show live data in the text and graph format, auto VIN acquisition, O2 Sensor and EVAP Test (Mode 8), advanced On-board Monitoring (Mode 6).
- 【On-Board Monitor Test】You can use the car scanner to diagnose the misfire and the live O2 monitoring to get an idea a misfire is coming from which bank and cylinder. This code reader car diagnostic tool will graph all the real-time streaming data it reads, including but not limited to Engine Coolant Temperature, Short Term Fuel Trim, Long Term Fuel Trim, Engine RPM, Oxygen Sensor Output .
- 【Wide Vehicle Coverage】 NT201 bi-directional vehicle check engine code reader will work on domestic and import vehicle, such as light-duty trucks (12v only), SUVs and mini-vans with standard OBD2/EOBD/JOBD&CAN protocol. European vehicles from 2000, American ones from 1996, and Asian from 2008.
- 【Deserve To Own】NT201 automobile code reader is built in speaker and 2. 4' TFT colorful LCD display screen, offers visual and audible indication for readiness verification. Unique dust-resistant surface makes this auto scanner tool stronger and more durable.
- 【No Worries】 Plug and play, no need any batteries, get power directly from OBD2 interface in your vehicle. Multilingual menu supports English, Spanish etc. Lifetime FREE upgrade to keep you stay current with the latest development of diagnosis.
Approx. price: $66.
- Powerful Check Engine Light Diagnostics — Read and diagnose your check engine light, understand the severity of the issue, and clear that pesky light from your vehicle. FIXD translates your vehicle into simple English, empowering you to make the easy fix in many cases & saving you precious time. FIXD also saves you money by providing you with estimated repair costs up-front, allowing you to feel more confident during those trips to the mechanic
- The Trusted Choice — FIXD is the professional choice proudly designed in the USA by Professional Engineers and ASE Certified Mechanics. Get unlimited access to over 10,000 manufacturer specific and enhanced trouble codes (ABS, Airbag, TPMS, and Transmission*). With the App, you’ll have freeze frame data, live diagnostic data, and proactive vehicle maintenance reminders at your fingertips. All the capabilities of an expensive Scan Tool at a fraction of the cost
- Easy & Intuitive — The powerful FIXD OBD-II Diagnostic Sensor and the professionally designed FIXD App are the perfect pair. The FIXD Code Reader is light & compact, remaining out-of-sight during your drive. The FIXD Sensor connects to the FIXD App via Bluetooth in seconds, providing you with a suite of resources easy enough for anyone to use
- We've Got You Covered — The FIXD OBD 2 Scan Tool is compatible with all gas-powered vehicles made after 1996 (no all-electric or diesel) and works with all vehicle protocols. Works with iPhone, iPad, and Android devices
- Go further with FIXD Premium— Upgrade your in-app experience with: Cost and repair estimates from the Identifix database, Unlimited calls to our FIXD Mechanic Hotline for a trusted second opinion and DIY help from our network of ASE certified mechanics, And much more! FIXD Premium is a monthly subscription that is optional and is not required for use of the sensor
FOXWELL NT301 OBD2 Scanner Professional Mechanic OBDII Diagnostic Code Reader Tool for Check Engine Light
Approx. price: $68. You may saved up to 5%.
- 【Vehicle CEL Doctor】The NT301 obd2 scanner enables you to read DTCs, locate bad O2 sensors, access to emissions readiness status, turn off CEL(check engine light) or MIL, reset monitor, read live data and retrieve VIN of your vehicle.
- 【Accuracy】Live data graphing and logging. Accurately read error codes for most Worldwide cars, SUVs, light trucks and 12V diesels equipped with Obd2. Graphing live vehicle sensors data allows you to focus on any suspicious data and trend.
- 【Worthy to Own】Recommended by Mechanic Scotty Kilmer on Youtube. Codes analysis and Printer compatible. Unique PATENTED design, 2.8" color screen, Free Lifetime Update and 1-year seller assurance with EXCLUSIVE tech and service team.
- 【Smog Check Helper】Read/Erase and I/M readiness hotkeys make it easy to use the car computer reader right out of the package. Red-Yellow-Green Leds and build-in speaker indicate the readiness status for confident emissions test.
- 【Home Necessity】Open to global customers. No battery required, NT301 obd scanner is charged directly from the 16pin DLC in your vehicle. It is recommended as a necessity in your toolbox and one of the best gifts for Home and Autoshop Mechanics.
OBDScar OS601 OBD2 Scanner Universal Automotive Engine Fault Code Reader EOBD OBDII CAN Diagnostic Scan Tool
Approx. price: $40. You may saved up to 24%.
- Universal Compatibility: Applicable to MOST US-based cars (made in 1996 or later), EU-based cars (made in 2001 or later), Asian cars (made in 2008 or later), and all OBD II/EOBD/CAN-compliant vehicles.
- Smog Check: Clearly shows whether the emission-related systems are operating properly or ready for inspection and maintenance testing; turns off check engine light and resets monitors; views freeze frame data, read live PCM data stream, EVAP system test data, On-Board Monitor test data and display live O2 sensor test data.
- Shows the code and what the code means directly. Able to retrieve generic (PO P2 P3 and UO) manufacturer specific (P1, P3, and U1) codes and pending codes, and vehicle information (VIN, CID and CVN). And can store the data you have viewed (DTCs, freeze Frame, live data, etc).
- Supports all OBDII protocols, including ISO9141, KWP2000, J1850 PWM, J1850 VPW and CAN (Controller Area Network).
- No battery needed, just plug it into the OBDII port and start diagnosis. Features a 2.5-foot flexible plug and a 7-button panel. Supports DTC look-up, and software upgrade. Supports multi-language display (English, German, Spanish, Dutch, Russian).
Approx. price: $40.
- For End User & DIYERS: This error code reader is ‘plug and play’ and comes with an easy interface. Even if you’re not familiar with vehicle repair, you can quickly take control of this code reader, and get the information you want
- Turn Off CEL: This car diagnostic tool supports reading DTCs, displaying Live Data, Freeze Frame & I/M Readiness etc to figure out the root cause of the Check Engine Light (CEL) and turning it off to help you detect any potential problems
- Patent Guarantee: AL319 Code Reader features a patented One-Click I/M Readiness Key for quick State Emissions readiness check and drive cycle verification. No batteries are needed as it will get the power directly from the OBDII Data Link Connector in your vehicle
- User-Friendly Design: This check engine code reader equipped with TFT color display which shows DTC definitions more clearly, built-in speaker provide audible indication, LED Indicator etc. 2. 5 feet long cable is long enough without getting in the way
- Extensive Application: Compatible with 7 languages and various post-1996 OBD II protocol vehicles, this OBD2 scanner provides accurate and fast diagnosis for worldwide car owners. 12 months warranty from the date of purchase and lifetime free update are offered by this Automobile OBDII scan tool
ANCEL AD410 Enhanced OBD II Vehicle Code Reader Automotive OBD2 Scanner Auto Check Engine Light Scan Tool
Approx. price: $47. You may saved up to 10%.
- WIDE COMPATIBILITY - Recommended by YouTube Star Scotty Kilmer on his channel. Works on most vehicles sold in the USA with model year of 1996 or newer; Supports all OBDII protocols: KWP2000, ISO9141, J1850 VPW, J1850 PWM, and CAN (Controller Area Network); Displays in English, German, French, Spanish, Finnish, Dutch, Russian, and Portuguese; Requires no battery or charger as the unit gets power directly from the OBDII Data Link Connector in the vehicle.
- CRITICAL FUNCTIONALITY - Reads quickly and erases stored emission-related codes, pending codes, and shows code definitions. Turns off the MIL (check engine light), helps in resetting the monitor before taking it to Smog, and tells you what is going on before bringing the car in for repair.
- ENHANCED OBDII DIAGNOSTICS - Supports O2 Sensor and EVAP (Evaporative Control) System Test. AD410 code scanner can be used to initiate a leak test on a vehicle's EVAP system by monitoring the integrity of the fuel tank system. The O2 Sensor Test is designed to monitor and adjust air/fuel mixture, which will help identify and troubleshoot issues related to fuel efficiency and vehicle emission.
- QVGA DISPLAY & NEW UI - AD410 code reader is a greatly enhanced upgrade from more basic diagnostic scan tools. It has a 2. 4" TFT true color (262K) LCD display for clear test results showing. With an easy-to-read UI design, the user can easily access Setup, OBDII Diagnostics, I/M readiness, and DTC Look-up and Review. You don't need to read the manual to know what to do, even for a beginner.
- DIAGNOSTIC REPORTS & UPDATE - The "Review & Print" option can be used to save or print diagnostic reports as needed. ANCEL brand provides life-time free software updates for this unit to fix the latest bugs or add new parameters. Just download the software from the ANCEL website and then follow on-screen instructions to install.