Top Audio Samplers of October 2020June 7, 2020
Sampling as a musical technique originates in the 40s of the 20th century with the birth of a special type of academic electronic music – musique concrète. Using magnetic tape, Pierre Shaffer and his followers experimented with sounds: mixing, speeding up, and playing them in reverse order. Techniques for specific music pushed the boundaries of what people used to think of as real music. At that time, it was still a novelty to use sounds familiar to everyone in a completely unexpected way, but later it was these experiments that led to the appearance of the first samplers.
Over the past 35 years, samplers have directly influenced the formation of modern music: from the underground to the mainstream. Gradually, expensive technology became more and more accessible, and in the eighties a few dreamers found a way to destroy the idea of the purpose of musical instruments, gradually coming to what is now called creative music. It is their inventions that will dictate the sound of dance music and hip-hop in the future.
Today we will review the rating of 10 popular Audio Samplers with photos, characteristics, prices and customer reviews.
Akai Professional MPX8 | Portable Sample Pad Controller With 8 Performance-Ready Pads & On-Board SD Card Slot
Approx. price: $110.
- Load and playback virtually any mono or stereo sample via standard SD or SDHC card
- Eight backlit velocity- and pressure-sensitive pads, ideal for triggering drum sounds, melodies, basslines and more.
- Control everything from music software on your laptop to outboard MIDI gear using MPX8's onboard USB MIDI plus standard MIDI inputs and outputs
- Edit your samples and make them your own using MPX8's sample kit editor (PC & MAC) featuring tuning and reverb controls; save sample sets for instant easy recall
- (2) Balanced 1/4-inch outputs (6.35mm) and 1/8-inch headphone output (3.5mm) connects MPX8 to virtually all studio and live equipment
- Includes a FREE professional Loop Library download from Akai Pro, plus a large library of standard samples built in.
Approx. price: $85. You may saved up to 8%.
- PROVIDES 40 SECONDS OF SAMPLING MEMORY - The Teenage Engineering PO-33 has a built-in microphone for you to record 40-seconds of samples directly.
- PLAYS YOUR SAMPLES CHROMATICALLY OR AS ONE-SHOTS - The 8 melodic slots let you play your own samples chromatically while the 8 drum banks play your sample as a one-shot.
- ADDS PERCUSSION TO YOUR PERFORMANCE - The PO-33 is a 4-voice sampler. Its built-in micro drum machine allows you to layer more drum sounds over the sample recording.
- ENHANCES YOUR SOUNDS - You can add a loop or stutter FX from the 16 onboard effects to create knockout samples.
- SYNCS WITH MULTIPLE UNITS - You can connect PO-33 KO with 2 other Pocket Operators using standard stereo audio cables. You can also sync PO-33 with external devices like a PC.
Approx. price: $468.
- Sample anytime, anywhere with the built-in mic and battery power
- 29 DSP effects, including filter, delay, unique voice effects, subsonic, and looper
- 3 control knobs, 12 trigger pads, and Sub Pad for rapid repeat triggering
- Seamless effects switching for smooth, perfect performance and Pattern sequencer with quantize mode and new shuffle feels
- 1GB SD card included; expand sample storage up to 32GB with SDHC and Import audio files from computer, assign samples to pads with bundled software (Mac/PC)
Akai Professional MPK Mini MKII | 25 Key USB MIDI Keyboard Controller With 8 Drum Pads and Pro Software Suite Included – Limited Edition White Finish
inMusic Brands Inc.
Approx. price: $107. You may saved up to 20%.
- Total Control Wherever You Go: USB MIDI keyboard controller with 25 velocity-sensitive keys and octave up / down buttons to access the full melodic range – perfect virtual synthesizer control
- Express Yourself: Innovative 4-way thumbstick for dynamic pitch and modulation MIDI control, plus a built-in arpeggiator with adjustable resolution, range and modes
- Plug & Play: No drivers required, USB powered and ultra portable design lets you create anywhere
- Beat Maker Essentials: 8 backlit velocity-sensitive MPC drum pads with Note Repeat & Full Level for programming drums, triggering samples and controlling virtual instrument / DAW controls
- Take Command of Your DAW: 8 fully-assignable Q-Link knobs for mixing, tweaking plug-ins and more
- 1400 Sounds and Everything You Need For Pro Production: Production software package for Mac and PC included: Akai Pro MPC Essentials, SONiVOX Wobble, and Hybrid 3 by AIR Music Tech (downloads)
Approx. price: $110.
- Straightforward and easy to operateNewly designed loop indicator displays the current loop mode (Rec/Overdub/Play)Runs on a single 9-volt alkaline battery (approximately 4.5 hours of battery life)Can be used with an optional AC adaptor (PSA series: sold separately)12 minutes of stereo recording timeStereo inputs and outputsFlexible external footswitch optionsRecorded phrase is retained in memory even after the RC-1 is turned offNominal Input Level: -20 dBuInput Impedance: 1 MohmNominal Output Le
inMusic Brands Inc.
Approx. price: $104. You may saved up to 25%.
- Ultra-portable, feature-packed and USB powered pad controller with 16 Thick Fat MPC pads for triggering drums, melodic samples, effects and more
- Easily accessible dedicated controls for 3 pad banks provides a total of 48 assignable pads
- 18 fully assignable 360-degree potentiometers accessible via 3 banks for controlling DAW, virtual effect and virtual instrument parameters
- MPC Note Repeat and Full Level controls for immersive expressive performances
- Control your iOS apps and open up a world of pad control capability using the Camera Connection Kit (sold separately)
Approx. price: $165.
- Swing function generates grooves. Reverse function lets you play samples backward
- Motion sequencer records and plays back up to 11 parameters
- Active Step and Step/Jump functions let you insert and remove steps
- Analog Isolator provides powerful and great-sounding possibilities
- Reverb Per Part Song mode for more dynamic performances
Approx. price: $1047.
- Multi-channel mixer: motorized faders let you control mic, game, music, chat, and more for the perfect Broadcast mix
- Studio quality MIDAS preamp: make your XLR mic sound great with +48V phantom power, equalizer, compressor, limiter, de-esser, and Gate
- Sampler: record samples on-the-fly or load your own audio files to engage and entertain your community
- Voice FX: add reverb, echo, pitch shift, megaphone, Robot, and hardtune to your voice in real time
- GOXLR app: you’re in control with Basic and advanced audio parameters, sample import, and Voice FX preset library
Approx. price: $480. You may saved up to 8%.
- Tabletop Loop Station that can be operated with the hands, perfect for beatboxers, vocalists, and club performers
- Five simultaneous stereo phrase tracks, with dedicated controls and independent volume faders
- Wide range of Input FX and Track FX for processing loops, including DJ and sampler-style effects
- 99 phrase memories, each containing five phrase tracks, custom effects/playback settings, and more
- 85 onboard rhythm patterns, including odd-measure beats
Zoom R8 Multi-Track Tabletop Recorder, Interface, Controller, 2 XLR Combo Inputs 8 Tracks, USB Audio Interface, Built In Stereo Condenser Microphones, Pad Sampler, Rhythm Machine
Approx. price: $254. You may saved up to 30%.
- Digital recorder with 16-track playback and 8-track simultaneous recording utilizing Secure Digital (SD) memory
- 16/24-bit/44.1kHz linear PCM recording in WAV format
- Built-in stereo condenser microphones
- Includes 1GB SD card and supports cards up to 32GB SDHC